Do you enjoy working independently? Are you self-motivated and able to stay focused without much oversight? Do you have a passion to learn about HIPPA and the growing field of Health Information Management? Keep reading, you might just be our client’s next Client Service Representative.
With a $450M merger under their belt, our client has quickly grown in the area of HIM. They currently work with 18,000 healthcare facilities nationwide by providing on-demand medical records and data. Though they have 5,800 employees scattered across the US, our client’s management team puts a priority on staying connected with their team, fostering a growth-based culture by way of personal and professional development.
From the office in Kirkland, you will be responsible for processing all releases of information, specifically medical record requests, in a timely and efficient manner. With diligence, you will ensure accuracy and will provide customers with the highest quality product and customer service. As a Client Service Representative, your responsibility will be to safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to medical information; moreover, you will ensure all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
Responsibilities for the Client Service Representative are:
- Receiving incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
- Date stamping all requests and highlighting pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validating requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
- Completing release of information requests including retrieving patients’ medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmitting medical record to processing operations.
- Performing quality checks on all work to insure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintaining equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshooting equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department. Providing excellent customer service by being attentive, respectful and professional at all times; insuring an understanding of customer requests and follows-through as promised; being proactive in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.