Are you a positive person? Are you often the friend people go to when they need help or some unwavering optimism? You might be a fit for this fun, friendly workplace that has been dedicated to making the world a healthier place for over 30 years. From its sunny walls to the ping pong table and rabid Blue Fridays, our Bellevue client fosters a friendly, warm environment full of employees who all share the same goal: helping people feel like their best self.
We are currently seeking candidates who care about making a difference in the lives of others. The Engagement Specialist provides expertise and guidance to potential and existing members through positive communication via phone conversation. This 3-month contract position requires excellent customer service and sales skills, as well as the ability to build trust and credibility while working independently, exercising sound judgment and taking initiative.
Responsibilities in this Engagement Specialist role include:
- Communicate and engage members into programs via telephone by building trust and credibility
- Possess solid knowledge of the client’s programs and services and set the expectations of service with members
- Accurately collect, input and update data provided by members into the system in a timely manner
- Facilitate communication and requests among program team members, central operations, market-based colleagues, health plan providers and members
- Initiate and maintain a variety of complex files and data records utilizing various software applications, including electronic medical records
- Prepare and process data of sensitive nature while maintaining confidentiality
Qualifications for the role are as follows:
- GED or High School diploma supplemented by technical medical knowledge and/or computer courses (college coursework preferred)
- A minimum of three years of experience in a customer service and sales-driven environment and/or customer service in a related healthcare field preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues
- Possesses computer competencies: word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database management
- Ability to communicate with members, colleagues, physicians, and plan representatives