You can have an exciting opportunity to break into the growing field of Health Information Management with our Seattle client as their next Health Information Clerk.
Our client recently completed a $450M merger and has quickly grown to serve more than 18,000 health care facilities in the US by providing on-demand medical records and data. Despite having more than 5,800 employees scattered across the United States, our client still manages to stay strongly connected to their employees and strives to provide a culture fostered in growth by way of personal and professional development.
Currently, this client is partnering with Parker to seek out Health Information Clerk(s) for multiple hospitals and medical facilities across Seattle. Due to the nature of the work, you must be an independent worker, able to stay focused without micro-management while on-site at a health care facility. Working with our client gives professionals a great opportunity to learn about HIPAA and Health Information Management, giving you a behind the scenes look at the healthcare industry at large.
Your Responsibilities as a Health Information Clerk Will Include:
- Maintains confidentiality productivity, quality and assures customer service standards
- Routinely conducts business over the phone while maintaining excellent customer service skills
- Looks up medical record numbers, fills out guides and pulls medical records as necessary
- Scans medical records and chooses the appropriate information to be photocopied
- Documents the release of information in the patient medical record or other means determined by the facility
The Necessary Qualifications for This Role Include:
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred
- Experience in a medical records or health care setting beneficial
- Knowledge of medical terminology is strongly encouraged
If you’re ready to take the leap into the world of Health Information Management, click the button below to apply. We look forward to receiving and reviewing your resume!