What is it like working with a company that provides a high-value solution while also offering exemplary customer service to consumers? Not only does our client value the ability to help consumers connect, but as they continue to shift to an upbeat, thriving company culture, they also strive to help their employees connect and engage, too. Currently, our client is seeking an HR Benefits Administrator to support their dog-friendly, new corporate office in Seattle.
As a national company with headquarters in a brand new South Lake Union building in Seattle, our client brings wireless products and services to thousands of people in the United States, by way of over 1,000 retail locations nationwide. By partnering with Fortune 100 channel partners and wireless carriers, consumers are able to access wireless contracts and mobile products through our client’s kiosks at locations like Costco and many of the Exchange stores/services for the US Military. Though it’s very niche, our client manages to do their job well, and have received numerous awards and excellent ratings across the board.
We can’t say the word enough: Engagement is important to our client, and they encourage it among their employees – whether it be through holding an impromptu meeting in their open, collaborative office space, enjoying a cup of coffee in the office café, or soaking up the moments of spring sunshine on their rooftop deck (which will soon boast a brand new restaurant and bar)! It’s not solely about engaging with fellow employees – you’ll build a solid rapport with management, too! In this HR Benefits Admin role in particular, your manager is not just a manager, but a certified life coach, and spends one hour of one-on-one time with every direct report each week to engage with them and help them thrive in both life and career.
Our client offers a truly unique work environment, and if you have the right HR experience, it’s worth taking this leap to grow your career exponentially.
The HR Benefits Administrator is responsible for managing and performing the day to day duties associated with the administration of Leave of Absences and Worker Compensation claims. Additionally, the HR Benefits Administrator is also responsible for assisting the rest of the HR & Benefits team as needed.
This HR Benefits job is contract role, with the potential for full-time hire, paying $28-36 / hour, dependent upon experience.
Responsibilities for this HR Benefits Job are Two-Pronged
Leaves of Absence Administration
- Oversee and administer leave of absence programs such as FMLA, non-FMLA, USERRA, personal leaves and workers Compensation leaves in accordance with established policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Partner with employees, managers, HR Business Partners and payroll from receipt of LOA request to return-to-work.
- Ensure timely completion of LOA paperwork.
- Track and collect employee portion of benefit premiums.
Workers Compensation and Safety Programs
- Administer workers compensation programs in partnership with the Manager of Risk/ Safety throughout corporate and the field to ensure OSHA and state compliance, including return-to-work for employees.
- Reviews and evaluates all work-related accident reports for completeness and clarity of data; analyzes data to ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Obtains and reviews medical documentation and records connected with workers’ compensation cases; reviews and monitors new and existing claims, analyzing the causes of inquire and validity of claim.
Qualifications for the HR Benefits Administrator Include…
- Strong working knowledge of FMLA, PDL ,ADA, USERRA and other applicable federal, state and local laws
- 2 years’ experience in Leave of Absence and Workers Compensation administration, multi-state experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 2+ years of general HR experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification highly desirable
- Intermediate knowledge of HRIS databases preferred
If you meet the above qualifications and are eager to join the ranks of this upbeat, friendly corporate team, click the button below to apply. We look forward to reviewing your resume!